iChess v2.0 (16-Jan-09)
- [Added] Auto adjust board size according to screen resolution.
- [Added] Review mode to browse previously encountered positions.
(Limited to last 25 positions)
- [Added] In Review mode, an option to view and play the remaining
moves on the board.
- [Added] Random On|Off option to load next position in Random or
- [Added] New Board colors [Aqua|Blue|Brown|Gray|Green].
- [Added] Remember application settings on exit (viz board color,
difficulty level, last position, total score etc).
- [Added] Option to restore default settings
- [Improved] Hyperlinked Help screens with detailed information.
- [Removed] Option to toggle board size (Small & Medium).
iChess will now automatically determine the best board size for your
iChess v1.1 (Mar-08)
- [Added] Automatically Pause clock when not in main board.
- [Added] Total 'Usage time' in About screen.
- [Added] Total score on Scorecard.
- [Added] Show keyboard shortcut if any when menu option is
- [Added] Immediate close button on Scorecard, About & Help
- [Added] Shortcut keys for Review mode (7), Random mode (9) &
Board color (*)
- [Improved] User interface and popup messages.
- [Removed] 'Skipped' counter and from scorecard.
iChess v1.0 (Mar-08)
- [Added] Levels of difficulty (Normal, Advanced, Master).
- [Added] Menu option and hot key to choose Level of difficulty.
- [Added] Hold down the cursor key to quickly move the cursor
around (Works on supported phones).
- [Improved] 'Random function' to load next random game.
- [Removed] Back light feature (experimental).
- [Added] More than 1000 random positions (Not in Demo version).
- [Added] Support for reading standard PGN file (Not in Demo
- [Added] Support for most MIDP 2.0 and CLDC 1.0 phones including
- [Added] View current score (positions solved, skipped, hints
taken, failure attempts etc).
- [Added] Option to toggle board size (Small & Medium).
- [Added] Hint for the current position.
- [Added] Skip to the next random position.
- [Added] Point System : Win 10 points for every correct move (-5
for using a hint or for every wrong attempt).
- [Added] Option to keep the mobile backlight 'On' (experimental).
- [Added] Dialog to choose piece on pawn promotion.
- [Added] Menu with options to view Scorecard, Toggle board size,
Skip position etc.
- [Added] Hot keys for 'Hint', 'Skip position', 'Scorecard',
- [Added] 'Best Time' taken in the current session.